




Here's some of the pictures of the flooding here in Metro Manila from people at and around school. The largest storm in 40 years hit, unleashing mass devastation in the form of mud slides and flooding. Fortunately, our house was uneffected, but the majority of my friends spent their weekend swimming around their first floor and trying to drain water and salvage items. Almost 100 staff, students, and faculty as our school lost absolutely EVERYTHING. We are coordinating widespread relief efforts through our school in association with PCF, ECo, and the ACC. They are looking for people to open up their homes for the workers in our school with no where to go, so I'm gonna try and volunteer for that. Over 2 months worth of rain fell in 6 hours and in some places, deposited over 9 feet of mud. Another typhoon is headed this way at the end of the week, so let's pray and cross our fingers!
Mom and Dad are still gone. I survived a natural disaster with my sisters. What a big girl I am now. :)

4 comments:
I am SO GLAD that yall are ok! I emailed your mom but didn't hear anything back...I didn't even think about going to your blog...which, by the way, ROCKS!!! You are so awesome Morgan and I love you!! I love all of yall!!! keep us posted on how things are going!
Hi Morgo, This is so heartbreaking to view and see these impoverished people suffering even more than they were already. We pray for aid to come and other storms to pass.
Luvya, Momma & Papa
WOW!! Unbelievable! I am glad to hear you all are ok. We were praying! Love the blog. Check it often. Miss you! Love you. Fromkins
glad you guys are ok. And yes ... you are a big gurl... kinda :-} take care of your sisters. love you
Post a Comment