Camping '09, Mohican

So this summer we went back to a place where we have camped for three generations called Mohican Wilderness. As a child, I spent my long summers there, running free and wild in the forests and mountains. It is my favorite place, pretty much, in the whole world. The video shows some of our highlights, and although the campground has remained unchanged, our tactics for camping have evolved; this year we got a cabin instead of just tents, and we only stayed for three days instead of weeks on end. A fun fact for those who don't know: my mom, Laura, was in a biking accident here when I was around three. She saved me, but smashed her face which now has metal on one side instead of bone, although you would never know. Hence, we believe is the reason she never gets any cell phone signal.Yes, some of the sound in the video is messed up, but I've tried for hours to fix it and finally gave up, so, it is what it is. Enjoy! :) Only seven days til' I return to the Philippines. Yes, I am excited in some respects, but this time I am going into it knowing what's ahead, and I know that what's ahead is another tough year emotionally, socially, and spiritually. But I am going to press through and be victorious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha..! Ahh looked like yall had a blast! despite the rain! :)

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! your amazing morgo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i miss you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love sarah

laura said...

Way cool video! Cool trivia (about the metal face) to share everyone, ...I'll forgive ya! 8-)