He goes where we tell him. He takes orders from a seven year old. He waits for hours wherever he tell him to. He never asks for anything. He calls everyone mam and sir, when he is old enough to be my father or grandfather. He has been without his family for three years at a time. He is at the mercy of what we tell him. He accepts with a smile whatever the orders are. He is so humble! He panics when we try to serve him and says, "No, no! This is not right. You are my boss." I am sixteen, and he serves me wholeheartedly regardless of what I say. He doesn't eat when we are out and about unless we tell him to, so when we are busy and forget to give him permission to go, he doesn't eat, but he never complains. He feels so happy to serve us and work for a kind family. He is proud of who he works for. He serves around the clock with no regard for what he wants or his personal preferences. He disregards his own preferences. His desire is to meet our desires.
His name is Fort. I call him Lolo. He sees himself as no more than a servant, but he has become my friend, teacher, lolo, and driver. Everyday I learn SO much from him. He has become, in many many ways, the role model that I look up to. I adore my Lolo with all my heart. I learn things from his everyday and he keeps me going when Im at my lowest. I am so honored to be with him.
Lolo Fort is such an example to me. To the world. You see this kind of extreme servanthood everywhere over here, and it truly is revelational. If we are supposed to be serving God, and these men are serving us whole-heartedly, how much more are we to serve God! Namelessly. Facelessly. Whole-heartedly. Humbly. With a sense of honor. With no personal desires getting in the way. With our one and only mission to serve. Wow.

0 comments:
Post a Comment