Dreamer

Just a short video called 'Dreamer' that I made for the International Film Festival being held here this week. Next year, I will submit the full length movie, but this year, the time limit for submissions was 5 minutes, grrr.... I went up to Pampanga to my absolute favorite place in the world - San Pablo - just to see what kind of footage I could get, and low and behold, it actually became something. It's a really short film about the dreams of the simple and poor (my second family and favorite people). My aim was to show all the rich children at my school that they are no different that the poor people, and they have no right to sub-humanize them and treat them the way they do. The sound was rough because I had only three days to write, film, and edit, but - hey! - that's what subtitles are for, right?? :) The intro and credit music is by a group of amazingly passionate,sold-out, God-loving guys in a band named Still. The music is from their album 'The Spilling of My Heart.' Check them out at www.myspace.com/themusicofstill. Enjoy! :)

5 comments:

Nathan Peacock said...

Morgo, you have a gift, and it's not just music and video. your gift is a heart for the people that are trodden on too much by the 'upper' classes of society. you are an inspiration, and I'll never stop praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Eldest love - you've done it again! I'm so thankful for your giftedness, certainly, but especially for the fact that you are using those same gifts in such a delightful and God-pleasing way. Keep up the good work! XOXOXO - Mama

Anonymous said...

Hey Morgan,
that is such an awesome video! you really,really did an amazing job! ...and matt thinks so too!
let me know what poeple thought about it at the film festival!!!!!
-susi-

Anonymous said...

Way to go Morgan- seems you've hit on something that once bothered me- some of us are born "pedigree" people with associated perks. I thought it might make a good song one day- maybe you could make it work. :-)

Maggie

Anonymous said...

ooooooooo!!!!!! MORGO!!!!!!!!! that is AWSUM!!!!!!!
heart SARAH