My life '08 - '09

This is just a silly little summary video of the odds and ends and random stuff we have done since we have been here. It introduces you to the people with whom we live and shows little, cool things like our beds being hand made, etc. Yes, it has the same intro as many other of my videos. Lots of people are asking about that, but I have decided that the intro shots are sort of like my trademark. All my films for the moment being will being with this.

An update on myself: I am progressing very well with the language, Tagalog, and can text, understand, read, and write, although speaking is still challenging.

On another note, our MMMT missions trip has begun as of last Wednesday. So far we have been taking it slow and easy, and it is still extremely relieving and enlivening to have people that we know and love in our house. Starting Thursday, we kick it into full gear and start packing in full days of painting, building, teaching, and ministering.

I have had two amazing opportunities arise since I last posted, both involving film. The first came through my wonderfully talented dancing, artistic aunt, Jen. This summer, I will be filming her bringing and teaching cultural dance to African American children who pick cabbage for a living. It will be a short promotional documentary about the power that children possess when they are given the key to their culture.

The second, really cool opportunity came from me ending up at the wrong place at the right time and meeting the right people. On accident, I ended up at the Philippines' 25th star awards where I got connected with the movie press who now want me to direct a film for them. How cool is that? They won't give me details about the film over the phone or email, so I am going to try and meet with them sometime before I leave for the States. I also met the most famous documentary maker in the Philippines as well as other film and documentary makers and government officials and congressmen.

So, I'm not sure what is going to come out of these two films as well as one on Filipino Education that I am planning on filming and releasing next year, but whatever it is, I know that it will be to God's glory. He has given me so many opportunities to shine and be a light in such a dark, secular industry! I can make a difference. I can be the voice of the people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morgan...that video almost made me cry! it was sooooo amazing and we miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-susi-

Anonymous said...

I just watched it again.... so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! you really did a GREAT job!
-susi-

Anonymous said...

Morgo you ROCK !!!!!
Great video. It brings back sweet memories of the time with yall.
Doors will open for you and be a fullfilling experience.
Luvyou girl and looking forward to be with you once again for our birthdays. Luvya, Papa